What This Job Involves
The Sustainability professional position is part of JLL’s IFM team and will see you working on environmental reporting and sustainability management across one of our Client’s portfolios across Asia.
Looking at sustainability from many facets including energy, emissions, water, waste and green leasing you will play a key role in delivering JLL’s scope of service. Working closely with the HSSE & ESS Team and the client stakeholders, the Sustainability professional is responsible for the following:
- The utility data management of the client property portfolio, including collation/compilation, critical analysis, consolidation and coordinating the reporting of all electricity, gas, Waste and water accounts from a wide variety of utility suppliers, landlords and information sources.
- Ensuring data contained within the data management system is maintained to a consistently high standard, complies with client requirements, is accurate, consistent and integrated, does not contain any contradictory information, and can be used for internal and external reporting.
- The delivery of portfolio reporting to nominated deadlines, for the following types of reports:
- Carbon emissions reporting
- Client periodic monitoring monthly & quarterly etc., and other environmental strategy reporting
- Provide all data/info to assist with the environmental reporting as required.
Monthly reporting includes:
- Property level, to the extent of sub-metering, consumption, cost and emissions reporting
- Provide ad-hoc reports, as required, to demonstrate the JLL’s compliance with the Contract, Specification, Management Plan or Service Plan, which may include individual site reporting, cost recovery calculations, etc.
- Work closely with the site team to drive the Client Sustainability goals.
- Support in developing the Environment Management plans and ensure the goals are achieved.
- Management of JLL’s data management system and support client user access as required
- Troubleshoot issues around energy, water and waste billing
- Take the lead in working with internal and external teams and consultants to facilitate investigations and metering for energy and sustainable outcomes.
- Analyse utility data, including meter and interval data, energy consumption and costs, in order to identify and investigate opportunities for energy improvement and efficiency
- Analyse the merits of environmental improvement projects through analysis of current benchmarks, costs and payback periods to determine the return on investment in support of budget funding requests and business cases.
- Support the development of business cases to propose sustainability opportunities as requested/required
- Assist and support the achievement, measurement and reporting of sustainability principles.
- Support the management of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management system, 14044 Life Cycle assessment.
- Reliable and timely environmental reporting including annual, quarterly and monthly reporting from multiple data sources;
- Collation, distillation and analysis of large amounts of energy, waste and water data into coherent reports for internal and external audiences;
- Utility management services to the client portfolio;
- Identification of utility consumption irregularities to minimise resource wastage;
- Improving waste management practices and water and energy efficiency;
- Communicating the ESS sustainability program to increase engagement, understanding and support for sustainability across the Client portfolio.
Sounds like you? to apply you need to have:
Experience And Qualification
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related field are desirable but not mandatory. Demonstrable experience within a similar role will be well regarded.
- 5-10 years of proven experience working in corporate sustainability, government or sustainability consulting within complex operating environments.
- Certifications like LEED, WELL, GRIHA etc., are desirable.
- Exposure to international frameworks like GRESB, ESG, UNSGD etc., is desirable.
- A demonstrated aptitude for the interpretation and analysis of numerical data; preferably in an energy, emissions or utility context with an understanding of how they relate to the property and building management.
- The ability to extract and analyse data into clear and logical reports with particular attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office product suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, particularly Excel with knowledge of pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas, etc.
- Engaging and passionate about sustainability with the desire to make a difference.
- Able to problem solve and think strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and a strong ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a high pressure, deadline-driven work environment.
- Listens effectively and communicates through action and example.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Promotes open, constructive and collaborative relations with colleagues and clients.
- Likes being part of a high performing team.
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realise your full potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [email protected] This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.