WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
The Advanced Analytics Group is a team of experts in primary market research, marketing science, data science, engineering and operations research. The Manager, Primary Research works with Bain’s consulting teams to provide high quality results for our clients. The candidate will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s primary research capabilities and provide training to the consulting staff as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide primary market research expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Manager will work with case teams to design primary research (e.g. write and review surveys), share BDPs on research execution and develop insights from the research to provide practical, value-added answers to the client and case teams
- Recommend and explain research methods and techniques appropriate for projects focused on topics such as U&A, customer segmentation, customer experience, pricing, product development, brand strategy, and go-to-market.
- Design sample specifications, and develop surveys that will deliver actionable information.
- This person will work with Bain internal function groups (e.g. the Private Equity Group, Customer and Strategy Practices) to create breakthrough approaches and insights.
- Train and coach consultants on primary research procedures.
- Keep abreast of new and current market research techniques.
- Develop relationships with external research vendors and interact with as needed.
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of market research.
- Advance Bain’s ability to do quality primary research
- 5+ years of experience with primary market research in a business, market research or social science environment without a Master’s Degree, or 3+ years’ experience with a Master’s Degree or PhD in market research. Sociology, ethnography or related field
- Expertise in quantitative research methodologies; knowledgeable in qualitative research
- Knowledge about primary research vendors in India market and broader APAC region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in Hindi & English are a must
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity and social justice, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.